Full time position with a full service promotional products company providing a broad range of services including: Branded promotional products, custom premiums, logo'd merchandise, warehousing and fulfillment and much more.
As a member of our team you will be working with a wide range of clients, from small town shops to Fortune 100 companies. We offer an aggressive compensation package, excellent benefits and a fast paced positive work environment.
The daily workload varies considerably depending on the type of product and/or service requested by our clients. The duties can range from straightforward administrative duties to overseeing complicated and expensive orders.
This position reports to the sales team and is primarily responsible for supporting the sales team in selling the products and services that will most benefit the customer, and build Zagwear’s market share. Will interface directly on pricing, and forecasts providing support and assistance to production to achieve specific account objectives. Supervision received is characterized by general supervisory direction and control intended to define objectives and problems. May receive work requests directly from other departments.
BS/BA degree, or a closely related field with coursework is preferred.
Working knowledge of selling is also a plus.
Should have 0 to 2 years of progressive experience in sales and customer service, preferably in a multinational environment. This individual must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients. Experience working in a service driven, customer focused environment is also helpful.
Knowledge of Quick-books and MS office products including Excel, Word and Outlook is preferred.
Candidate must have demonstrated a high degree of planning, organizational, analytical, and be able to partner and communicate with all levels of the organization from hourly associates to senior management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer order management and related program administration.
- Development of responses to customer requests for quotations, interfacing directly on pricing, and forecast.
- Responsible to ensure that all duties for assigned accounts are performed in a timely basis, consistent with the customer’s expectations.
- Process customer purchase orders, change orders, reschedules and cancellation requests.
- May also generate purchase orders, change orders and cancellation orders.
- Work directly with the customer to resolve order-related discrepancies.
- Ordering samples to customer.
- Work closely with production to ensure on-time customer deliveries by monitoring in-process orders using status reports and communicating potential delivery issues.
- Provide customers with "early warning" notification if committed delivery dates cannot be met and provide order reschedule information as required.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is obtained on a timely basis, completed and forwarded to other departments for processing.
- Follow up with customers to obtain any missing documentation required to process the quotation.
- Assign sell prices to customer quotations based on established contract pricing, use of specific mark-ups consistent with guidelines or special pricing.
- For each quotation, delineate the pricing effectivity and any exceptions made.
- Generate the formal customer quotation and process the response to the customer based on their required format (i.e. hardcopy, Excel file, customer specific form, use of Web-based quoting tools).
- Assist the sales team and production in obtaining competitive information, determination of won/lost status on quotations and development of quotation pricing strategy.
- Function as the primary interface with Production/Buyers on orders, quotes, pricing and billing & delivery issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries, backlog/open order status reports in a manner that achieves a high level of service, support and response time.
- Develop strong working relationships with customer peers and management personnel to foster Zagwear’s brand reputation.
- Participate in team conference calls, customer conference calls and customer site visits on an as-required basis.
- Accurately produce customer monthly/quarterly reports, validate customer part file inquiries and conduct ad-hoc analysis per customer request (i.e. on-time delivery, order metrics, flexibility) ensuring that customer’s timetables and data requirements are met.
- Maintain accurate records, files to facilitate the researching of order history and supporting documentation.
Position requires prolonged sitting in the performance of daily duties and frequent repetitive keyboarding motion for preparing forecasts, reports, quotes and specifications.
Often juggles multiple tasks, works under pressure of deadlines and with frequent interruptions.
Must have the ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to:
33 Corporate Drive
Orangeburg, New York 10962